5 best treatments for undereye area recommeded by Dr. Isabella.
Skin ageing is nothing more than the loss of collagen in our cells. And, with the undereye area being one of the most delicate and sensitive parts of our skin, it often shows the earliest signs of collagen loss. Because the eyes are a central pillar for our confidence and vibrant appearance, specialists have developed many treatments over the years. But until recently, these were needlessly invasive. Now, there are safe and effective ways to achieve a refreshed appearance without invasive surgery. Non-invasive options such as dermal fillers, PDO thread lifts, and PRP and PRF treatments improve the volume, texture, and quality of the under-eye area with minimal downtime and discomfort. While treating the under-eye area can be a challenging task, with the right knowledge and approach, you can achieve excellent results. These are our top 5 expert tips to plan your skin rejuvenation strategy.
- Consider dermal fillers carefully.
Dermal fillers are a popular choice for a gentle approach to under-eye rejuvenation. They add volume and plumpness to hollow areas like tear troughs, reducing the appearance of dark circles and fine lines. Hyaluronic acid fillers involve a quick treatment with no downtime and with immediate results that can be reversed through a filler dissolving procedure. Is there a catch? When it comes to dermal fillers for the under-eye area, moderation is key. An experienced practitioner will advise you to use them sparingly to maintain your natural appearance and avoid the need for extensive filler dissolving as well as unwanted side effects.
- Incorporate PDO thread lifts.
PDO thread lifts are a newer technique that uses body-safe, dissolvable threads to lift and tighten the skin. They’re particularly effective for the under-eye area, where sagging skin can contribute to the appearance of bags or puffiness. The threads stimulate your natural collagen production, which improves skin texture and tone over time for natural-looking results that can last up to 2 years. Plus, PDO thread lifts are minimally invasive and require very little downtime.
- Get smart with PRP and PRF treatments.
When it comes to customisable, simple treatments with effective results, you can’t match PRP and PRF treatments. PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma and PRF, for platelet-rich fibrin. Both are natural solutions that your specialist creates from your extracted blood. Their goal is to stimulate tissue regeneration and repair. In the under-eye area, they create thicker and more elastic skin, maximising collagen and reducing inflammation. This gives you less sagging, more brightness, and a refreshed look.
- Listen to your specialist’s dos and don’ts
An in-depth consultation with a specialist is a must when treating the under-eye area. Your expert will guide you to create your tailored rejuvenation strategy and will advise you on dos and don’ts:
- Do choose a qualified and experienced specialist who has a good reputation and a track record of success in treating under-eye concerns.
- Do disclose any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking to your specialist— these can affect your safe treatment options.
- Do follow your specialist’s pre- and post-treatment instructions carefully. This includes avoiding certain medications or activities that could interfere with the procedure. Take the downtime you need!
- Don’t rub, scratch, or massage the under-eye area excessively, as this can cause bruising, swelling, or infection.
- Don’t expose the under-eye area to sunlight, extreme heat or cold, or other environmental factors after your procedures.
- Don’t rush it. Treating the under-eye area with minimally-invasive procedures requires a tailored plan and some time to create effective results.
- It’s a journey.
We need to remember that under-eye rejuvenation is not a one-time fix. Rather, it’s a journey that requires a holistic approach to achieve lasting results. It means working with your practitioner to develop a personalised treatment plan that addresses your specific concerns and goals. Over time, you may need to adjust your treatment plan to manage changes in your skin or lifestyle. By taking a proactive and holistic approach, you can enjoy a confident and refreshed look for years to come.
Book a consultation with one of the practitioners at our premium Melbourne skin clinic Dr. Isabella. Get in-depth, personalised advice and start creating your tailored treatment strategy for sustainable wellness.