You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
If you want to prevent or reverse the signs of ageing without surgery and with long-lasting results, biostimulating fillers might be the right strategy. Signs of ageing can be troubling. Dull and sagging skin, an uneven silhouette, and wrinkles are guilty of draining your energy and self-belief. But often, surgical options are too time-consuming, invasive, and costly. Bio-stimulating fillers can volumise the skin, restore smooth lines to your figure, and bring back your confidence with a revitalised, healthy glow— all with only minimal discomfort.
What are biostimulating fillers?
Biostimulating dermal fillers are a sugar-derived liquid material that can correct volume loss, facial wrinkles, sagging, and skin quality with only minimal intervention. These fillers are made of a biodegradable material that safely dissolves in the body: poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA). The injections are biostimulating because they activate your body’s immune response and leverage it to create new collagen and elastin: the proteins present in youthful skin.
How do biostimulating fillers work?
After the age of 20, our bodies produce less and less collagen and elastin. The process leads to wrinkling, less skin elasticity and volume, sagging, and weakened supportive ligaments. This brings about a migration of fat structures and a resulting bulky look. Biostimulating filler injections make the immune system believe there is an injury in the area. This stimulates the activity of fibroblasts and myofibroblasts, which travel to the treated area and start generating new collagen and elastin to create new healthy skin. The result is an increase in skin thickness and density. It also improves skin elasticity and tone, which minimises wrinkles and hollowness. The fillers also strengthen the retaining ligaments, creating better support structures for a more youthful, even look. This collagen-stimulating therapy also reduces the appearance of cellulite.
What areas can you treat with biostimulatory fillers?
Biostimulating fillers work to replace collagen, improve skin quality, and restore smooth volume to areas in the face and body, including:
- Temples: fillers improve facial shape and reduce hollowing.
- Neck and jawline: sculpting fillers can augment and define the chin, provide added support, and minimise sagging and jowl formation.
- Buttocks: augment volume and smooth contours, providing a non-surgical BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift). Suitable for patients with hip dips or volume loss at the top of the buttocks.
- Abdomen: non-surgical body sculpting that defines the waistline and reduces lines.
- Arms and hands: minimise crepey skin and laxity, restoring youthful volume.
- Cellulite: fillers improve skin quality, thickness, and volume, minimising the appearance of cellulite throughout the body (including legs and buttocks).
Biostimulating fillers are not to be used in the under-eye area or the lips, since these areas are delicate and the risk of nodules is higher.
What should you expect from your biostimulating filler treatment?
An initial consultation with one of our specialised doctors lasts 40 minutes. They will help you decide if biostimulating fillers are right for you, develop a strategic plan, and determine potential treatment combinations. The procedure involves your doctor injecting the liquid biostimulating fillers using a minimally-invasive cannula to prevent bruising. This takes less than an hour. After your procedure, you will experience some tenderness for 24-48 hours, but you can return to work the following day. Sometimes the tender feeling can last longer because your immune system is activated and producing collagen. Your doctor will educate you in a technique for self-massage. You will need to perform this every day after the procedure for the best results. Biostimulating fillers provide immediate volume but the generation of new collagen takes 6-12 weeks. The final skin quality, firmness, and volume improvements will be complete by week 12. The results of biostimulating fillers typically last for 2 years— afterwards, your body dissolves the fillers. The new collagen can stay in your skin for up to 4 years.
The risks and side effects of non-surgical body sculpting
As with any medical procedure, there is always a small risk you can minimise by taking precautionary steps:
- Excessive immune response: too much collagen production can trigger raised nodules, lumps or redness. It is more frequent in patients with autoimmune disorders, under intense stress, or with new medical comorbidities. If identified early, your doctor can treat it with injectable or oral steroids.
- Inadequate immune response: in patients who take high doses of steroids, biostimulating fillers might be ineffective. During the initial consultation, your doctor will consider existing medications when creating your treatment plan.
- Infection: even minimally-invasive medical procedures carry a small risk of infection. It is crucial to treat this early while the issue is mild. If left untreated, any infection can become serious. You should work with an experienced clinician who provides close follow-up.
- Vascular occlusion: any filler procedure carries the risk of injection into a blood vessel. With biostimulating fillers, this is very rare. However, you need treatment from an experienced clinician with a thorough understanding of anatomy.
If you are thinking, “where can I find biostimulating fillers?” you should look for specialist medical professionals with verified experience and certifications.
Combined treatment: biostimulating fillers and PDO threads
When you want to target individual goals and achieve custom results, you can combine biostimulating fillers with other cosmetic treatments like a PDO thread lift. What are PDO threads? A PDO thread lift is another non-surgical method to lift and tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, and body. The threads, made of a dissolvable material and inserted under the skin, provide support while the skin heals around them, resulting in a lift and improved collagen. You can combine PDO threads and biostimulating filler in the neck and jawline. A PDO thread lift can tighten the skin under the chin, while fillers volumise and tighten crepey skin in the neck with less bruising.
To formulate a tailored treatment plan and achieve your confidence-restoring goals, book a consultation for collagen biostimulors Melbourne. Getting biostimulating fillers at Elucell guarantees experienced attention and premium results.