Should you get a lunchtime facelift with PDO threads?
Have you ever heard of a PDO thread lift or “lunchtime facelift”? If not, you are not alone. Even though this minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure has been around for years, it is a hidden gem that only recently started to pick up steam. So, what is a thread facelift? And more importantly, is it right for you? As we age, we often feel like our external appearance does not reflect our inner energy. If you experience this, you might want to make a change to bring your shine and confidence back. When you get a PDO thread lift, a simple non-surgical facelift, you get a natural, subtle look that highlights your innate beauty. If you are considering a PDO thread lift for age-reversal, you are probably wondering how exactly this minimally-invasive procedure can help you achieve a more youthful appearance. Keep reading to explore the benefits of PDO thread lifts and how they can help you achieve your aesthetic goals and get your confidence back.
What is a lunchtime lift or PDO thread lift?
Everyone in the beauty world is talking about thread facelifts as a game changer— and there is a good reason. To quote Vogue, not only does it provide immediate results, but it is also a long-term solution. So what exactly is this age-reversal treatment championed by leading influencers like Huda Kattan and (allegedly) even Kendall Jenner? A lunchtime facelift is a minimally invasive procedure that can give you a more youthful appearance by reversing age-related collagen loss. It takes less than an hour, and you can quickly return to work or other activities. The procedure involves the use of fine needles to insert threads made of body-safe polydioxanone (PDO) into your skin. The threads are then pulled tight to achieve a natural-looking lift. The PDO threads will eventually dissolve over time, but results last for over a year.
Do PDO threads really work?
Yes, PDO thread lifts are medically proven to work. They deliver outstanding results when combined with other gentle age-reversal methods such as dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections. What is the mechanism? PDO threads offer an instant mechanical lift to sagging tissue and skin. Later on, the material triggers a healthy immune reaction in the area around the threads. Human studies show that this produces a surge of collagen, the youth-enhancing substance that gives your skin elasticity and plumpness, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The benefits of thread lifts:
- Immediate results: after a short appointment, you will see a natural lift straight away without dealing with bruising and inflammation.
- Convenience: it is called a lunchtime lift because it can be done under an hour with only minimal discomfort, leaving you free to return to your life soon after.
- Durability: in the right candidates, PDO threads dissolve after 6 months— the collagen stimulated maintains results for up to 12-18 months.
- Cost-efficiency: starting at 2400 Australian dollars, a non-surgical facelift in Melbourne is much more pocket-friendly than surgical lifts.
- Versatility: PDO threads can help you achieve different rejuvenation goals. The most popular treatment options include fox eye threads, treatment for jowls, neck lifts, and nose lifts.
Where to use PDO threads?
PDO thread lifts can be used to target a variety of concerns, including wrinkles, sagging skin, and volume loss.At Elucell, we use PDO threads to provide neck lifts and jaw tightening, refresh the forehead and eyebrows, and rejuvenate the cheeks and under-eye area. We create a tailored treatment plan to achieve your unique goals, which can include smoothing fine lines (such as PDO threads for nasolabial folds, frown lines, marionette lines, and crow’s feet).
Which PDO threads are best?
It all depends on your aesthetic goals and rejuvenation needs. Experts mould the PDO material into 3 different shapes to provide versatility:
- Mono threads are single filaments that are inserted under your skin in a mesh-like pattern. A mono lift is the best choice if you are looking for a subtle lift, skin tightening, and face slimming.
- Screw threads are intertwined to provide added volume to sunken areas of your face. They are a better choice than dermal fillers since they help you produce long-lasting collagen and do not migrate.
- Cog threads are barbed filaments that effectively tighten sagging skin in your face, neck, and body. They provide the most lifting effect and stimulate collagen production intensely.
How long will PDO threads last?
Polydioxanone is a hypoallergenic and safe material that gets dissolved by your body in 6 months. Though the threads eventually disappear, the collagen created by the process continues to support and rejuvenate your skin for 6-12 months longer. In all, a PDO thread lift lasts up to 18 months in ideal patients.
Is that PDO thread lift worth it?
PDO thread lifts or lunchtime facelifts are an excellent way to achieve lasting results with minimal downtime and cost-efficiency. After your thread lift, you will see immediate results that only get better over time. With this kind of lift, you are in charge of your goals: you can choose which areas to refresh and your desired look. Not only are lunchtime facelifts worthwhile in terms of cost, but they are also a non-surgical facelift. This means they are safer, have fewer complication risks, and do not keep you from living your best life. Do you want to explore the world of PDO thread lifts and restore your youthful confidence? Book a consultation at our premium Melbourne clinic. We will craft a bespoke treatment to help you achieve your unique goals.