PDO Mono threads are one of the most versatile, effective, and minimally invasive treatments for anti-ageing to restore your skin’s natural resilience. Scientifically, the process of ageing is cells losing their capacity to generate new collagen. This is the protein that gives your skin structure, volume, and smoothness— all age-management skin treatments for skin tightening seek to repair this loss. Thanks to the new generation of holistic anti-ageing treatments for skin tightening, we can use PDO mono threads to jumpstart collagen production and bring you back to your most confident self.
How do PDO thread lifts work?
A PDO (polydioxanone) mono thread lifts use threads made of biodegradable material to stimulate new collagen production. The effects: lifting and tightening skin, creating new support for underlying structures like fat pads, adding volume to hollow areas, and improving skin quality, PDO mono thread lifts work by inserting threads beneath the skin, which activate your immune system to create new collagen and elastin over time. As your body naturally produces youthful proteins, the threads begin to dissolve. In the end, your body absorbs them— but the new collagen created remains in your skin for up to 2 years (with good maintenance!).
Three types of PDO mono threads.
There are different shapes of PDO mono threads to fit different needs. This makes the thread lift treatment customisable as well as efficient.
The threads you can choose to create a tailored treatment:
- Cog threads: strong barbs with filaments that lift and contour the face with an immediate, dramatic result.
- Screw threads: thick filaments that stimulate targeted collagen and volume.
- Mono threads: short and smooth PDO filaments that form a mesh layer under the skin. They create a natural skin tightening and rejuvenation effect.
How mono threads are different.
Because mono threads are thinner and smoother, they offer more tailored treatment options. After developing your treatment plan, your specialist creates an interwoven pattern of threads in the subdermal layer of your skin. For one area, the typical number of threads can vary from 5 to 50. This PDO thread cross-hatched mesh generates a new and supportive layer of collagen and elastin fibres. Unlike more invasive treatments, this transforms the appearance of your skin without interfering with delicate structures such as muscles. If what you’re looking for is an immediate and dramatic lift, mono threads by themselves might not be your best option. Since their main effect is creating collagen by stimulating your immune system over time, mono threads achieve a more natural and discrete lift (compared to treatments like surgical and filler-only facelifts). Results peak at 2 to 6 months, but you’ll already see improvements at the two-week mark. The area you treat with mono threads also develops thicker, more resilient skin— the kind that gives you that bright, energised ‘glow’.
How can you use mono threads to achieve your goals?
While lifting threads can provide an effective revitalisation of your features, mono threads are crucial for a holistic rejuvenation journey that builds sustainable skin health. Mono threads are ideal for skin tightening and for improving the texture and elasticity of your skin. PDO mono threads smooth fine lines and wrinkles in a larger area, boost tightness and create a healthy, plump complexion that resists environmental damage.
So should you get mono threads? The answer might be yes if your goals include:
- Improving blood flow and glow.
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by collagen loss.
- Achieving a firm skin tone and even texture.
- Tightening sagging skin and boosting healthy skin thickness.
- Getting an overall natural, rejuvenated look.
- Creating a highly tailored approach that combines threading with other cutting-edge, minimally-invasive procedures like dermal fillers, bio-remodelling fillers, and anti-wrinkle injections.
In which areas should you get mono threads?
Thanks to their versatility, you can harness mono threads to achieve many aesthetic goals, including rejuvenating :
- Thread lift Upper and lower cheeks.
- Neck thread lift and jawline thread lift, which can get quickly overfilled with other treatment options.
- Thread lift nasolabial folds, marionette lines thread lift, and the highly mobile perioral area.
- The area around your thread lift eyes, including thread lift crow’s feet.
- Thread lift forehead and brows.
- Lip thread lift lines (for a subtler enhancement than fillers).
- Various body areas, including arms, buttocks, and abdomen.
Mono threads are a minimally-invasive, efficient treatment that helps you achieve a naturally rejuvenated look. Thanks to their versatility, you can create a custom plan that addresses your unique concerns. So whether you want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, tighten the skin, or improve the overall health and glow of your complexion, mono threads are a solid treatment option.Book a consultation to start crafting your holistic, tailored treatment plan with one of the experienced practitioners at our premium Melbourne clinic.